The Redwoods White Sangria
One of the most popular selections this year from the Signature drink selection in our Diamond Wedding Package has been the house-infused White Sangria. What makes it so darn good? We asked our resident mixologist who invented it (that's Tim, our restaurant manager) and believe it or not, he is willing to share his recipe with you!
In his words… "it all starts out at least three days in advance. I collect all of the necessary ingredients; some from the grocery store, some from our liquor storage and some straight from the herb garden that we have growing around the Redwoods clubhouse. To make sangria great it needs time to sit and get all of the flavours working together. To make your own white sangria combine all of the following in a jug and store in your fridge for a minimum of three days." (Yields approx. 4 litres of sangria).
- One litre of organic pear juice
- One 750ml bottle of white wine – an inexpensive Riesling or Gewurztraminer works best
- ¾ litre of white grape juice
- ½ litre of white cranberry juice
- ½ litre of Sprite (Or soda if you don’t want it too sweet)
- One cup (8oz) of Vanilla Vodka
- Two cups of whole mint leaves (25-30 leaves) slightly torn
- One cup cubed cantaloupe
- One cup cubed honeydew melon
- One cup halved green grapes
"Place all ingredients together in a container and store in the refrigerator stirring once a day to agitate the mint and really blend the flavours. When you are ready to serve it at your big event—by big event I mean after work on a sunny Friday on your patio—I find it works best to strain out all of the fruit and set it aside. Make sure that you remove all of the mint leaves as they might wilt and turn a brownish colour from the acidity of the juices. Serve the sangria over ice, top with a spoon full of fruit and a sprig of fresh mint. Cheers and Enjoy!"