Experienced Grounds Crew Member
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
$22 - $26/hour
SIX reasons to work at Redwoods this year:
- Spend your days outside in the fresh air and sunshine with most shifts ending by 2pm
- You won't need to worry about golfers getting in your way while working... because there are none! The golf course is currently closed due to the Trans Mountain Pipeline.
- Thanks to the closure, you will get a lot of unique golf course experiences this season. Assist with large course projects like completely rebuilding tee decks and bunkers, adding course drainage, putting the finishing touches on a brand-new driving range and renovating gardens. All of these projects help prepare the course for an exciting grand reopening in 2024!
- With so many extensive projects on the go, we will give you new opportunities for continuous growth!
- No two days are the same in this fast-paced environment! There is constant change and challenges to keep us all engaged.
- There is no better way to learn about golf course maintenance than to experience the extensive projects we are working on firsthand. We love helping people get excited about furthering their career in turf. This will be a season like no other with so many unique opportunities for learning and growth!
If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you! A passion for turf and experience on a golf course grounds crew is a must. This is a full time, seasonal position.
Benefits & Perks
- $22-$26 per hour based on experience and education
- Golf and driving range privileges
- Discounts in our golf shop
- Mowing on all surfaces
- Regular and cultural duties including granular fertilizer applications, aeration & top dressing, projects involving turf, sodding & seeding etc.
- Understanding and managing soil moisture data and becoming efficient in hand-watering practices
- Learning the irrigation system and assisting in repairs
- Maintaining daily record-keeping and paperwork as required
- Must have the stamina and dedication to work in all weather conditions
- Must hold a valid BC driver's license
- Must have experience on a golf course grounds crew OR education in a related turf/horticulture field
- Must be able to work very well in a team environment as well independently as required, and have a positive attitude
- Must be able to lift or move objects weighing up to 50 lbs
Thanks for considering Redwoods as your future employer--we can't wait to meet you! Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.