Irrigation & Spray Technician
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
$23 - $25 / hour
Redwoods is currently seeking an experienced and passionate Irrigation and Spray Technician to join our Golf Course Turf Care Team. This full-time, year-round, hourly ($23 - $25) position begins immediately!
- Mixing and applying fertilizers and plant protection products
- Recognizing and diagnosing early stages of disease on turf
- Monitoring and completing minor repairs on the Clubhouse irrigation system
- Working with the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent with all irrigation repairs, troubleshooting and daily programming
- Assisting in daily golf course work when required
QUALIFICATIONS & ASSETS
- Must have a formal education in Turfgrass Management or equivalent, or 3 years experience in golf course maintenance
- Must thoroughly understand the game of golf and how it pertains to the setup and maintenance of the course
- Must have a strong knowledge of fertilizer and plant protection product applications
- Must be able to calibrate or calculate product application volumes
- Must be able to work and communicate exceptionally well with a team of employees
- Must have a strong work ethic and a commitment to achieving excellence
- Must have high attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence
- Must have a valid BC Pesticide Applicator’s Licence or the ability to obtain one
- Experience with Rainbird Irrigation is an asset
BENEFITS & PERKS
This full-time, year-round position begins immediately and includes the following:
- Hourly wage based on experience: $23 - $25/hour
- Clothing allowance for boots and raingear
- Excellent golfing and driving range privileges
- Discounts on purchases from our Golf Shop
Serving locals and guests since 1994, the Redwoods Golf Course is situated in North Langley just off Highway #1 and minutes from the Golden Ears Bridge.
Redwoods is a scenic public 18 hole Championship Golf Course with a gorgeous backdrop of the Coastal Mountains. With a Ted Locke design, the course is a mix of open links-style golf paired with the tree-lined fairways of a traditional West Coast style. The course is split-level and the dramatic elevation changes offer a stiff challenge to golfers of all abilities.
We are very pleased to receive all applications, however only candidates that qualify for an interview will be contacted. We hope to hear from you!