Second Assistant Superintendent
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
$46,000 - $50,000
Have you worked on a golf course grounds crew before? Have you gone to school for a formal turf education? Do you love the golf course life? We would love for you to join our Turf Care Team!
We are looking for a Second Assistant Superintendent. This is a full-time, year-round, salary position that begins immediately! This position primarily works daytime hours Monday - Friday however, some weekend work will be required throughout the season.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting in the application of fertilizers and plant protection products
- Mowing and cultural duties as needed
- Identifying and planning course maintenance
- Helping the Assistant Superintendent supervise and train new and inexperienced staff
- Assisting in the repair and maintenance of the course irrigation system
- Assisting in future course planning and projects
QUALIFICATIONS & ASSETS:
- Must have a formal turf education AND 1-3 years of experience on a golf course grounds crew
- OR must have 5+ years of experience on a golf course grounds crew in lieu of a formal education
- Must have a working knowledge of turf types, disease ID, cultural procedures, IPM, and daily mowing needs
- Must be physically fit and can lift up to 50lbs
- Must hold a valid BC Driver's Licence
- Having a Pesticide Applicator Licence is an asset
BENEFITS & PERKS:
This full-time, year-round position begins immediately and includes:
- Salary of $46,000 - $50,000 per year
- Excellent golfing privileges
- Extended Health Benefits package
- Discounts on products in our Golf Shop
- Discounts on food from our Restaurant
- The opportunity to work in a beautiful outdoor area
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serving locals and guests since 1994, the Redwoods Golf Course is situated in North Langley just off of Highway #1 and minutes from the Golden Ears Bridge.